Just another Blogs.kcai.edu weblog
Andrew Maniotes, a Professor of Graphic Design at Eastern Michigan University, has been contracted to write a graphic design survey book for China Architecture and Building Press. This publication is tentatively titled “Graphic Design Project Selections of American Colleges: Poster Design.” The focus will be on Midwestern student graphic design works featuring posters and is slated for a 2016 publication. Posters chosen will be featured visually with a project description, information about the work, and an author examination.
Submission of form and materials constitutes agreement of reproduction rights on part of the applicant to be used in the book, promotions, internet, publication and future research extended to China Architecture and Building Press and Professor Maniotes.
WHO: Any graphic design student who created a poster while attending a college in an
American Midwestern state (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin).
WHAT: Any poster or poster series that was produced between Jan. 2011 and Aug. 2015.
Dear One and All,
Bronze Morels, silicon bronze, life size, $50/pound, weight 0.5-3 pounds each (certificate of authenticity)
- Collaborate with journalists and online content director to produce graphic elements that will enhance stories.
- Conceptualize interactive or motion graphics for stories, design and build these elements for digital first news platform (HTML 5 animations, for example)
- Estimate time to complete job and work within story publishing deadline
- Keep up with and share knowledge about digital graphics design best practices and trends
- Work with non-designers to build online content that is has a high degree of design integrity
- Learn to create work that will be accessed across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, etc.)
- Creative problem solving to add visual, interactive components to standard journalism
- Explore potentially new tools and methods for accomplishing end product.
Requested applicants from Graphic Design
Internship description: This intern position is to work with the
Promotions (Marketing) Department of Sosland Publishing. We
create many magazines related to the food industry. This position
would help in creating in house ads for multiple magazines,
websites and creating eblast designs. Helping with creation of
print and digital 2016 media kits for each publication meeting
the standards for the individual publication.
When is the internship available?
- Fall (early September to middle of December)
- Summer (early June till early August)
Is this a paid internship? Yes
If Yes, what is the compensation? For Summer, $2,750. For Fall,
Optimal schedule: 8-12 hours a week, spread over 2-3 days.
Flexible with their academic schedule. We are open 8-5,
The semester is flying by, and in less than a week seniors from all over campus at KCAI will be celebrating the Annual BFA Exhibition for KCAI Graduates at H&R Block space. The ceramics department alone will have 16 students exhibiting their work! The show opens April 17th, with the closing reception on May 15th. Check in for more updates on the seniors and their progress as this, and the end of semester show, moves ever closer!
In addition to the BFA show, we are delighted to announce that the 2015 Kansas City Artist Coalition Undergraduate Exhibition will be featuring six students from KCAI this year: Jose Serrano and Dia Saunders, from the ceramics department, as well as Paige Beltowski, Rosie Ruzicka, Anna Minnick, and Aneesa Shami. The Student Exhibition includes currently enrolled undergraduate college students in Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas, and welcomed Sonié Joi Ruffin as this year’s juror. On the night of the opening–this Friday, April 10th–recipient(s) of The Leigh Rosenberg Earnest Memorial Fund will be announced and a total of $500 in scholarship/s will be awarded. The show will remain open until April 24th, and is housed at 201 Wyandotte St, Kansas City, MO.
Here’s hoping that many of you can join us for these amazing events to support our KCAI community!