Foundation Year: Start to Finish!

Just another KCAI Blogs weblog

Before Classes Begin (a.k.a. Orientation)

sarah @ August 23, 2009

dscn0517.JPGOkay, so my first three days here at KCAI have rocked! There’s this thing called orientation which takes place the first three days of the new semester, and it’s only for Foundation students. For three days we go to lectures, presentations, games, fun-filled events, and host movie nights which sometimes become Apples-to-Apples game nights (fun!). We have been educated on a wide array of topics, from how to use the KC metro system to how to open your mind and accept diversity ( an incredibly invigorrating speech that was as entertaining as it was eye opening! ).
I don’t know why I was so nervous about having roommates, by the way. They are awesome, so for anyone reading who might consider going to KCAI next school year, don’t be nervous! I see so many people getting along that the good roommate pairings most likely outweigh the bad ones. There are also awesometastic decorations on each floor of the Living Center, and the theme of our hall just so happens to be the awesometastic book “Where the Wild Things Are”!
There’s also a day of community service, which is not as bad as it sounds, because it’s not the average community service. Some students worked on rain gardens, and some worked for Harvesters.
There’s an awesome organic food store and herb shop nearby (within walking distance) and the scenery is beautiful for walking through!.Lots of excersise, definately, at KCAI!
Tomorrow classes actually start, and I’m so excited! Can’t wait to seee what we’re going to be doing for four hours in Foundation!!

P.S. If anyone knows how to actually put pictures up and not have them take up the ENTIRE page, please tell me!!? they’re HUGE!